Tuesday, April 07, 2015

A Spring Purse - part 1

Hello Dear Readers,

It's a lovely spring day here in England. Very warm for the time of year and I am now thinking what can I carry my sunglasses plus other bits and pieces around in as I will no longer be wearing a winter coat with deep pockets!

So today I picked up the purse I started making last year.

I'm making it up as I go along.

On the front some simple embroidery, Suffolk Puffs and a few hexagons.

Front

And on the back more obligatory embroidery, shisha mirrors, and 1" patchwork squares.

The Back

There is an elasticated pocket for mirror or notes and a pen pocket inside (sorry no picture). 

Initially I was going to finish it in the same way as the tiny purse (ie stab-stitch round 3 sides) but now I have decided to add an oval base - just testing here to see how it will fit.

The back

I hope to finish this project soon, but there is still work to do and a zip to add to the top.

Have you had time to make anything over Easter?

Bye for now, Barbara xx

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a sweet little bag - and very useful too. I spent my weekend working on 'The Quilt-zzzzzz' - very boring (at least to me!) sane quilt that I've been asked to make.

Annet said...

I like the embroidery on your purse. No embroidery for me this Easter, I started a new knitting project.

FlashinScissors said...

You are making very short work of your quilting. Well done Mary-Anne. I have a quilt I started about six years ago, and its not going anywhere at the moment.

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for your comment, Annet. What are you Knitting? I am posting an update on my knitting in a day or so.

Annet said...

I started a top for myself, but there's not much progress yet. I had to do some reverse knitting!