Friday evening I stitched along with Friday Night With Friends at Cheryll's place.
I have been meaning to make something with some of my vintage 1.5" sample squares and I had been considering how I could turn them into some sort of mini travel sewing kit.
I thought 3 squares stitched together would make two pockets suitable for carrying needles, needle threaders, bobbins of cottons and other tiny items (hexie papers, buttons, etc).
Previously I had stitched a seam around the lower three squares, turned it through to see how it looked, then decided the pocket would be more secure if the edges were stitched into bound edges.
Friday night I cut all the pieces, but as we had been out all that day I didn't have time to stitch!
But there has been progress .... both sides are now ready to stitch together, although I still need to think of some type of teeny pincushion ..... and maybe it needs a little decoration.
I must leave you now, visitors arriving soon, and housework outstanding! Have a great week!
Thank you Cheryll for organising the party!
See you soon!